Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Type A doens't do well with mess!!

Before I even begin to start rambling(bitching) about my hot mess of a bathroom I just want to give you the "behind the scenes" view on how this project came to life.
When Aaron and I bought this house a year and a half ago there was a lot of work that needed to be done to it... and when I say a lot of work, I mean A LOT!!!
With that said... we hired people to do the work for us...and I liked it that way.. I didn't have to worry about cleaning up the mess that they made..after all, that is why I paid them to do the work.. and if they messed something up, they had to fix it. With that said...let's fast forward to this past week.
My sweet yet completely white collar husband decided to tear down the old backsplash tile that covered our bathtub from the floor up because he got tired of hearing me complain about how much of a pain in the rear it was to keep WHITE tile clean in a bathtub.... Who puts white tile up in a bathtub?? Obviously not a mom of two boys who play racecars and pirate ships e.v.e.r.y  s.i.n.g.l.e  n.i.g.h.t. leaving smudge marks all over the place....
So....he got the tools needed and instructed me to stay downstairs.... "Don't come anywhere near the bathroom or else you will probably freak out." Now if he tells me that I will probably freak out it means that I will completely freak out along with hyperventilate.
 I don't like mess.... at all.. I am the weird mom who has to make every bed before preschool even if I am already running late... as long as my house is clean who cares if I am late? It is a good/bad habit to have.. I got it honest too. I can remember my mom coming into my room almost every night growing up to vacuum...at 10:30 p.m.... I swore that I would never be a clean freak like her.. oops!!!
I stayed out as long as I could but I eventually had to pee..So I walk into the bathroom looking to find white tile cracked all in the bathtub... not THIS!!
 That's right people... HOLES in my walls and HOLES at the bottom surrounding my bathtub...have I mentioned that my husband is white collar and it took him over 6 months to change out a light bulb in our hallway??
Oh boy....did I freak out? All I could imagine was falling through the bottom of the floor trying to take a bath.. I was scared... I still am scared...the only thing that saved me from having a panic attack was this..
That would be my sweet little boy helping his daddy... So sweet...and I am kind of hoping that Landon did some of the work :)

So today  we no longer have holes.... It still isn't done yet and I am still scrubbing white dust off of my floors, taking a shower in the boys' bathroom, and having heart palpitations every time I walk into the bathroom...but I must say that I am very proud of my hubby...now if he could only tile my shower....Nah.. I will leave that to Paw-Paw when he comes in April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment